HP-80 Nonpareil Emulator: fixed a bug in the calendar functions
06-25-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: HP-80 Nonpareil Emulator: fixed a bug in the calendar functions
(06-25-2014 09:41 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  Inspired by a recent thread I started using the HP-80 emulator but had troubles with the calendar functions. Whatever I entered the result was always a blinking 9.999999999 99.

Thomas - While checking out my new HP-80, I had similar trouble using the DATE function, getting blinking 9.999999999 99 and somtimes even 0.000999999 99, though my conclusion was that I simply didn't know how to use this particular function on such an old machine, assuming usage had changed over time. I must admit, it absolutely did not occur to me to disassemble the ROM and patch the code. Nope, not even for an instant.

A quick look at the UG today on the Museum DVD reveals that, e.g. to calculate days between dates, one does DATE1, [SAVE], DATE2, [DAY], and this works correctly after all. Not sure about the issue you encountered, but my conclusion is it's easier to RTFM than to debug the OS. Of course, you may have had more fun than I did.

In any case, thanks for the interesting answer to my question about bugs in the HP-80!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-80 Nonpareil Emulator: fixed a bug in the calendar functions - rprosperi - 06-25-2014 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)