TI-59E for HP48GX, HP-48SX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G
06-26-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 10:43 AM by HrastProgrammer.)
RE: TI-59E for HP48GX, HP-48SX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G
New version uploaded:

(*) Card reader emulation
(*) Printer emulation (LCD only)
(*) Some bugs fixed

Printing to real HP82240A/B printer is not implemented yet and is planned for the foreseeable future. But given that HP and TI printers are very different and it won't be possible to implement, for example, graphics mode on HP printer, I am not in a big hurry to do this. I very rarely do "real printing" from my emulators anyway - I am mainly using "LCD printing" (utilizing printer commands to display results, prompts, etc. on LCD) as the extension of one line display (or two lines in case of HP-42X), and in this regard printer is fully implemented (graphics mode works too, as seen on the image below).

Card reader emulation is done in the same way as with my HP-41X and HP-71X emulators. "Virtual cards" are HP-48/49 character string objects and to work with them just use regular card reader commands. Write will create a new virtual card on HP-48/49 stack (you can save/transfer it after exiting the emulator). To read virtual cards put them on the stack, start the emulator and use INV Write, simple as that.

TI-59E Windows prototype can also be used to enter TI-59 programs and save them in HP-48/49 format. To do this just enter 48 or 49 in the display, hold Ctrl key and click on the "Save" button. Then transfer this file to the calculator, rename it to RM59 and execute the emulator. Furthermore, the prototype can load virtual cards saved by TI-59E and save cards in TI-59E format (as HP-48 character strings - if you need to convert them to HP-49 format just change "48-W" to "49-B" at the beginning of the file using some hex editor).

[Image: ti59eg.jpg]

https://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwood/
https://hrastprogrammer.bandcamp.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-59E for HP48GX, HP-48SX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G - HrastProgrammer - 06-26-2014 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)