HP 41 Catalog implementation
05-03-2021, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2021 05:51 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation
(05-03-2021 12:34 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  It apparently crashed and I thought I lost everything; but after pressing various button combinations which I thought were supposed to reset it, I did get it back, but a lot of my key assignments were gone, and a few new ones were there but I couldn't tell what they were, like that CATALOG was doing something else, and so was XEQ. When I figured this out, the solution of course was to turn off the USER keyboard. My programs and files were still there, and the time and date were still correct.

It's hard to say without more details (which configuration, what modules were plugged where, which sequence of events to reproduce the failure). The fact that some of your key assignments were lost indicates a write to status register "e" instead of to the LCD. This feels like a ROM mismatch (Library#4 / WARP), so I'd first ensure they have the paired versions.I have attached the latest & greatest ROM images here for you to try.

PS. Was this on a CL or using NoVRAMs? I know Diego has recently updated the way bank-switching works precisely to allow for all WARP functionality to work on them, but this may not be related to your case. Another thing to watch for is not to plug the WARP in an external port that contains another bank-switching module, this is a known restriction of the bank-switching models.

Attached File(s)
.zip  WARP_BS3.zip (Size: 52.44 KB / Downloads: 3)

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 41 Catalog implementation - Siegfried - 05-02-2021, 07:25 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Erik-M - 05-02-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Ángel Martin - 05-03-2021 05:41 AM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Gene - 05-03-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - hth - 05-03-2021, 09:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)