Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed
05-04-2021, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 02:38 PM by Siegfried.)
RE: Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed
While I generally agree with your equalling "EBay untested" with "defective", I am not that sure it will hold true for this sale as well. The seller being a charity is imho less likely to misrepresent what they're selling and might simply not have tried to test what was probably a corporate donation (many of the same model in similar condition) for lack of batteries, etc.

The (lucky?) buyer will soon find out.

I would have had to add foreign shipping, customs plus a bribe for the wife, all facing a slower market in Europe, so I decided not to bid although I was tempted.

P.S.: It says "Randolph High School" on one of the manuals. If the lot really comes from a school, then wow to having pupils use HP-15Cs and HP-32S rather than the ubiquitous TI-30. The lot should probably go into a museum as "the last HP RPN calcs used in a school before TI took over for good" ;-)
(05-03-2021 02:10 PM)drdbthompson Wrote:  I trade a bit on fleaBay. I pass on anything that is untested because that usually means it was tested and does not work. The exception would be if I was looking for a parts machine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ten HPs For Auction - Six are boxed - Siegfried - 05-04-2021 02:35 PM
It went for $889.00 - striegel - 05-04-2021, 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)