71B MultiMod: MEMORY LOST when changing batteries?
04-21-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: 71B MultiMod: MEMORY LOST when changing batteries?
Unrelated to the MMod, this behavior varies a lot among various 71B machines (I have several). Some machines will let me casually change batteries (always one at a time) with no ML (when powering-on), others will ML after even < 1 sec of removal.

Installation of additional RAM modules (in both front and CR ports) also can affect this, though not always as simply 'more modules = less time'. Some cannot withstand ANY time with modules installed, others seem OK.

As a general rule, I suggest you always connect a power supply before changing batteries, and also, once new batteries are installed, I recommend you 'roll them' in place, by simply rubbing across the 4 batteries with you fingers, which seems to ensure better contact, before powering on.

Note: If you're new to the 71B, it's important to know that most often when an ML occurs, the contents of IRAM ports are not lost and are preserved intact. I point this out because if you assume that all RAM is lost (as the ML message would seem to imply) you may remove a RAM module, or make other configuration changes, which would then in fact lose the IRAM contents, which otherwise were OK.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 71B MultiMod: MEMORY LOST when changing batteries? - rprosperi - 04-21-2021 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)