82143A and 82162A printer mechanisms interchangeable?
03-19-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: 82143A and 82162A printer mechanisms interchangeable?
(03-19-2021 12:35 AM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote:  The platen has a groove in the back that fits over the piece it is mounted on if it is not in place you will get poor print. You might want to check to see if you have a weak element on the print head if you don't find anything amiss with the platen. To unplug the head cable slip a thin piece of plastic in between the cable and the contacts, I use pieces cut from PET packaging, and pull the cable and plastic out as one. Measure the resistance of the each element to the double wide common, they should all be about the same. You will not that the end of the cable is folded over, to reinsert put you piece of plastic inside the fold and ease the cable back into the connector.

Paul.

Good ideas, thanks Paul. I forgot about that little groove behind the platen. It looks pretty centered, but looks can be deceiving. I'll check with the multimeter if that doesn't help.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82143A and 82162A printer mechanisms interchangeable? - Dave Britten - 03-19-2021 12:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)