Plus42 algebraic expressions update
02-26-2021, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2021 11:35 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update
(02-26-2021 08:21 AM)SammysHP Wrote:  I would expect that the same resolution applies as for multiple identical labels. Still unclear whether equations or programs should get a higher priority...

I'd say programs. Optimize the most common use case.

(02-26-2021 09:01 AM)Werner Wrote:  
(02-26-2021 06:37 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  it includes the generalized comparison functions: X=? param, 0=? param, etc.
And the Y^X fix, and a new error code for RTNERR: 8 => Too Few Arguments... forgot to add that one when I added the big stack.
What is the Y^X fix? (EDIT ah of course the sign of complex zero, silly me)
and I hope the other functions make it into Free42 as well?

Yes.

(02-26-2021 09:10 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Maybe something should be done to access the parenthesis. On the 27S/17BII you have dedicated keys, but not on the 42S, so you have to dig several layers of alpha menu to find them - not so practical when you just want to close SIN(X !
I'm sure you'll also find a way to put INTEG in equations Wink

Yes, the parentheses should be easier to reach. I could put them on [X⇄Y] and [+/-], or [Shift] [▲] and [Shift] [▼]... (Not [STO] and [RCL], I think those should insert L( and G(.)

And sure, I could make SOLVE and INTEG callable from equations... But I can already see the emails from users who are going to discover that SOLVE and INTEG don't nest!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update - Thomas Okken - 02-26-2021 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)