Simple programming help with the Prime
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 06:56 PM by eried.)
RE: Simple programming help with the Prime
(06-09-2014 06:34 PM)John R. Graham Wrote:  If the MIN function takes as an argument the number of objects to compare, then that number should be placed on the stack prior to invoking MIN. RPN is (almost completely) postfix and any temptation to make the operator infix under certain circumstances should be resisted. The current implementation seems to me to be more for the convenience of making the menus more similar between RPN and Algebraic entry modes.

100% agree with that. Using the number of args as an infix value is overly not-intuitive (not that RPN is intuitive for new users anyway). I am not sure if asking for the number of params as a stack argument is the solution either. Probably what the rpn mode needs is aliases for commands, like min takes 2, min3 takes 3, min4 ...

Right now, RPN in the prime is reduced to the same feeling has having toilet paper in the house storage. You don't use it, you don't need it right now but makes you feel ok that there is there.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple programming help with the Prime - eried - 06-09-2014 06:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)