Simple programming help with the Prime
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 05:14 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Simple programming help with the Prime
(06-09-2014 04:39 PM)John R. Graham Wrote:  addition, the fact that the type system can't determine on its own how many

So how would you propose handling cases where you can have any number of arguments such as the MIN function which can take 1-16? Limit it to 2 and lose functionality? How would you avoid automatic evaluation when selecting it from a menu in RPN mode and it would automatically take 2 numbers instead of the 5 you wanted? What about in the CAS where something like sin(1,2,3,4) is a perfectly valid input?

It isn't that it wasn't possible, we just couldn't answer the questions to a level that didn't impede operation in one way or another or would cause problems with later work. I am truly happy if someone can answer everything in a way that doesn't eliminate useful capability while still making it more automated. We just didn't see a way. I'd be truly happy if more brains could figure it out and propose a path forward.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple programming help with the Prime - Tim Wessman - 06-09-2014 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)