SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
03-01-2024, 09:45 AM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(03-01-2024 01:25 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  It may not be widely documented, but it does happen and in the security world is well-documented, but with these, it doesn't matter.

My point was that even in the security world it is NOT well-documented. Proof of concept is well-documented, but occurences in the wild are not. Fear mongerers are constantly saying that this is happening more and more, yet they can't actually point to a SINGLE documented case.

But still, I completely agree with you and Maximillian, better safe than sorry.

I usually do not carry a power-only cable when I travel; instead I carry my own chargers, and power adapters when necessary. Most airports that I've passed through provide both AC mains and USB, so I use the AC mains. This also protects against shoddy USB power sources that could easily have a fault and deliver too high a voltage. The world is full of shoddy (and unsafe!) USB chargers. I'm very particular about what USB chargers I will buy. Major, well-known brands should be fine, but the cheap brands you've never heard of should be avoided. Often they don't have a UL listing, have a fraudulent UL listing, or have changed the design for cost reduction after getting the listing (which is also fraudulent).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - brouhaha - 03-01-2024 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)