HPCC and HHC announcement of online conference
10-15-2020, 12:32 PM
RE: HPCC and HHC announcement of online conference
(10-15-2020 01:55 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  For example, if such an event were split across 2 days, perhaps the contest would be issued at the end of day-1 and solutions to be submitted at the start of day-2, with winner announced at the end, so some similar arrangement.

But 2-day conferences aren't likely any time soon, so this needs more thought...

I can't see why a 2-day conference would be a problem. Pre-pandemic HHC conferences were mostly 2-day affairs and there were a fairly large number of participants for this one. There may not have been enough presenters to fill two days but the single day conference was quite long, and I like many others was not able to see everything in real time.

In the event that physical conferences are still not practical for 2021 I can see a combination of HHC, HPCC and Alschwill having plenty of presentations for two lively days. I am hopeful that the pandemic will be under control by next fall but it would be wise to start making contingency plans as soon as possible.

Besides, I really miss the programming contest! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HPCC and HHC announcement of online conference - John Keith - 10-15-2020 12:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)