fsolve() crash with given Interval
06-06-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: fsolve() crash with given Interval
(06-06-2014 07:25 AM)parisse Wrote:  I have never seen a CAS where you must make an explicit call to replace a variable by the assigned value.
You're right, this is unusual, but the HP Prime is also unsual in handling vars compared to the HP 50G, since all vars are in global scope. On the HP 50G I could create variables with numerical values in a directory down the directory tree. I when I wanted to do symbolic manipulations of an expression I just moved a directory upwards.

(06-06-2014 07:25 AM)parisse Wrote:  Because you will want to store equations, expressions, functions and you don't want to enter something like eval(f)(eval(x0),eval(y0)).
I don't this that this is necessary. I think a simple eval(f(x0,y0)) should be sufficient. One could even create a softmenu entry in the CAS for numerical evaluation (like the simplify button). To me the advantages are huge. I can copy an expression from the solver or function APP manipulate it in the CAS and copy it back into the function APP without having to do cumbersome substitions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
fsolve() crash with given Interval - Angus - 06-05-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: fsolve() crash with given Interval - Bernd Grubert - 06-06-2014 08:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)