HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
10-19-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
(10-19-2014 08:18 PM)dbbotkin Wrote:  Oh, that seems completely unfair to the consumer. Surely H/P must have provided a destination within Europe to receive the calculators? The system in the US has two parts: the old calculator gets sent to one place, but the replacement comes from another. Is DHL the only alternative? (I believe there are postal services that send to the US from Europe for about €25.)

The big issue is the lithium battery--air shipment is difficult--so why was H/P asking that the calculator be shipped with the battery?

BTW, the big promotion of the Prime with wireless and SS410 seems not to have been the case in the US. It is impossible to find the SS410 anywhere here and the Wireless Connection Kit" is not even in H/P's stock list although it is in use in Europe.

Just for background, I had bought a TI-nspire, but didn't find it at all useful as a calculator (but, where are the keys?). Then I saw a UK YouTube vid of the HP Prime and the wireless, etc. and I bought the Prime and loved it. Then I learned that its "wireless" went away with a firmware update.

Well maybe, but the service must provides a tracking number, so it's more expensive...
And Eried spend 100 USD from Chile, and i think Frank spend 100€ from German, correct if I'm wrong...

HP PRIME it's a very very good calculator, maybe changes the way that the future will see the calculatores, the only thing I would criticize is the commercial part of HP.

Cumprimentos
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Diamantino
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade - mop80087 - 10-19-2014 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)