TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP.
06-03-2020, 08:25 AM
TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP.
(06-02-2020 04:38 AM)medwatt Wrote:  
(06-01-2020 07:27 PM)debrouxl Wrote:  At least, your Prime, the one you're lamenting about in the rest of your message, has a chance to get a proper implementation of Python some day. The TI-eZ80 series... never, especially as long as TI insists on using the current hardware Wink

You might be right, but I don't see the point in waiting for 5 years for something like this when something like the Nspire CAS II will be having it soon. I actually looked at the history of the Prime and was quite shocked that the current Prime is almost the same as the Prime that was released in 2013. The only relevant addition is probably the 3D graphing app and that came after many many years of waiting. Meanwhile, the triangle solver app was the highlight and still is the highlight of the calculator.

There's a function for the continuous Fourier Transform on XCAS but is not included on the Prime because of licensing. I asked Tom about it and he told me the only way such a function could be included is for the author of the code to change his license. Believe it or not, I asked the guy and he he agreed to change the license and that he would contact the HP team directly. I wrote back to Tom informing him about it. He didn't bother replying again which means the reply he gave me back then (why he cannot add the function) was based on the fact that he didn't believe the guy would allow his code to be used on the Prime and it's a nice excuse for Tom to not include the function.

Could you yet again check the situation, please?
While I just got the best grade in High School Advanced Math and thus the need for Prime went close to zero
I'm still interested in any advances in the functionality expansion via license restriction release. Bring them in!
- -
VPN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP. - CyberAngel - 06-03-2020 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)