TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP.
05-26-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP.
Hello,

A calculator is a much simpler device and making it jailbreak proof is much easier...

On Prime, if I was to turn on the chip level digital signature, they would be only one way to bypass the system. unsolder the CPU and replace it with a fresh one.

Anyhow, Prime does not have the issue as there is no ASM/C level access (unless you completely change the ROM, which you can do)...

Anyhow, the main issue here for TI and Casio is that when a government or minister tells you: "If you can't guaranty that the test mode is secure, you will not be allowed on the national exam"... well, you do it. Point end of story. High school education is 99% of their market.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI Bans all Assembly Programming, Casio Limits Add-ins. Please don't follow suit HP. - cyrille de brébisson - 05-26-2020 06:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)