Calling the HP50g numeric solver from within RPL?
05-18-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Calling the HP50g numeric solver from within RPL?
(05-17-2020 09:44 PM)johan162 Wrote:  Too bad HP will never produce a "60G" or whatever a follow-up with full RPN would be called but I guess the business case is really gone
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but this is something that has been nagging me for a while now.

HP dropped the 50g. With it, they dropped the professional oriented RPN calculators and chose to focus on the educational oriented algebraic calculators. Nothing wrong with that, HP is trying to stay alive. But what that means is that they don't see a future in 50g style machines.

So... Can't we try and petition HP to consider releasing the source code for the 50g to the community under an open source licence? Then people could, for starters, fix the bugs that are still present. Then maybe it could be converted to run straight on the ARM processor, delivering a huge performance boost. That would be huge for the newRPL project, i would imagine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling the HP50g numeric solver from within RPL? - Cristi Neagu - 05-18-2020 12:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)