Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards
08-16-2021, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 01:29 PM by aurelio.)
RE: Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards
(08-16-2021 10:11 AM)teenix Wrote:  The 67 or 97 does not report a write error, except that if the sense chip data buffer has a problem, so you cannot tell if the data on the card is valid or not.

If it doesn't read from a few different calculators, that are known to read ok, then maybe there is a write problem. The only other practical way to test, is to write from different calculators if available and then read back.

Hmmmm this gives me an idea for the 67 and 97 CPU modules.....

cheers

Tony
Hi Tony, I've done the procedure using different calculators before to post; they all are supposed to write/read normally as I've checked, for this reason I thought the problem located in the card, maybe unrecoverable. I think it's definitively the original card: I tryed with a a rewritable "cut" card, this time it works, with all the machines.
How could be damaged the card from the original pack ? Apparently it has no external defects
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards - aurelio - 08-16-2021 01:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)