What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
06-30-2023, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2023 02:04 AM by dkostan.)
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
Pretty "simple" for me:

HW:

USB C
WiFi/BLE
A Row of 6 Function/HW menu keys below the screen
(48/49/50g style but can be a bit smaller vertically than standard keys)
Maybe a slightly better display resolution. On the fence since I think 7 (or more) color e-ink
display might be better for a calculator for power and persistent reasons. Normally I use a calculator in well lit areas (I think most do, right?) so backlight seems like a waste of juice and its annoying when it dims (on a calculator) to save power. E-ink seems better here to me.

SW:

Add back in full engineering RPN support. That would include support to run RPL code.
Maybe built in emulation for the older platforms with support by adding a key mapping compatibility setting/file that could solve most issues due to the keys being different.
I use base48 and its great but I would prefer built in base number support similar to 48-50g (just add an option/setting for this style)
Seems like support for many interpreted and compiled languages would be "easy" these days. Many like python. I prefer C and hp ppl, but really seems like all of these could be supported with loadable packages & libs. Storage and cpu is not the limiter these days. Good community support could make this happen if the SDK was opened up.

------------------------------------------------
Prime, 50g,49g+,48gII,48sx,48g, 48gx,71b,75c,28s,28c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - dkostan - 06-30-2023 01:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)