What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
06-04-2023, 07:21 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(06-04-2023 06:49 PM)parisse Wrote:  Of course Casio and TI are developping solutions for tablets based on their calculator softwares, they must have some solutions in competition with ggb and desmos if some countries decide to switch to tablets.
But that does not mean they are planning to stop calculators. If you look at their offerings, then it's very expensive. At 25$/year, you could buy a new FXCG50 after 3.5 years. With the software, you must provide the hardware and at the end of the subscription, you have nothing left. Perhaps they don't want to kill the calculator market, but that's not serious, ggb is free... The only way such a pricing model could work is if they can convince educational institutions to enforce some specific features they are the only one to provide. I hope these institutions will keep the markets open, but I fear they won't.

I hear what you're saying, and agree. I'm simply communicating what they're up to.

I forget the number of occasions I've applauded you for making KhiCas available on so many devices for free, not to mention the wider distribution of Xcas. Smile

[Image: QLeqCm]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - jonmoore - 06-04-2023 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)