What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
05-03-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(05-03-2021 10:12 AM)jonmoore Wrote:  The HP Prime may look pretty in photographs, but its real-world hardware interaction performance has too many shortfalls.

As a long time hp user, my own opinions are no doubt biased. But my students who have no past experience with hp overwhelmingly love the Prime. Each year I offer the winner of our Math League contests a prize of a cas calculator. For the 3rd year in a row, the winner has asked for a Prime over an Nspire.

My calculus students come in mostly with ti-84+'s, but the dept has a few Nspires and Primes that they can use for the year if they want. This year only one asked for the Nspire and five asked for Primes. We had only four Primes, so one of those students used the Nspire. The Prime users love the touch screen with graphing and the speed. The two students that used Nspires have gone back to using their 84+'s.

I have not heard any of my students bring up the visibility issues that were mentioned. The only visual issue that I've heard about from a student is the flickering of the screen which was easily adjusted.

I love my 50g and it's still my go-to calculator for physics, but the Prime is the hands down winner for math (IMHO).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - Wes Loewer - 05-03-2021 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)