What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
05-03-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
I know I'm alone in this but I'd like to see a machine with either: CAS fully integrated or no CAS at all. I'd like no dedicated variables. My main use for any machine is to be able to program it and having to know which variables are used by CAS and which are used in Home isn't helpful. So I'd like NO predefined variables. Let the user define the ones (s)he wants. I'd also like a full version of either C, Pascal, Python, JavaScript or other standard language similar to those. Maybe the languages could be on a pluggable ROM to allow each user to choose the language appropriate for each task. Stripped down languages that are hardware-specific aren't the way to go. I'd also like to be able to use USB peripherals such as a keyboard, mouse, printer, game controller, SSD, etc. Having HDMI or at least VGA video output would be good. When I'm traveling I could use it as a handheld but when I was home, I could connect a keyboard, mouse, and video display and use it as a full computer. I'd like the ports to be right on the machine and not have to use a dock.

Oh, one other thing - It should use a monospaced font in the Terminal! It makes programming neat-looking output so much easier.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - toml_12953 - 05-03-2021 02:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)