What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-28-2021, 09:39 AM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
I love my 50g so much so that I have 3 of them. One as my primary 50g, the second to run newRPL and the third, still in its packaging as a backup should either of the other two fail.

But I don't think RPL or newRPL should be the beating heart of a next-gen Prime. I'd love the ability to load newRPL onto a next-gen Prime or a clone of the 50g for that matter using a similar process to 'ndless' for the Nspire (and as mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have the native XCAS version Bernard has created for a wide variety of calculator platforms too - KhiCAS). However, the base operating system needs to be something that educators want, and this is increasingly a hybrid, desktop/calculator system. This is where Casio and TI are having great success.

The Prime as it stands is neither loved by RPN/RPL traditionists nor has it received a glowing reception from the education establishment.

I do believe it's possible for a next-gen Prime to answer the needs of both of the aforementioned groups, and in so doing, the students using a next-gen Prime will be the ultimate beneficiaries.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - jonmoore - 04-28-2021 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)