What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
07-11-2020, 04:24 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(07-11-2020 04:05 PM)Anders Wrote:  I thought this thread was about the future not the past.

I don't dispute that. Nor do I dispute that there is an active community supporting python. What I do dispute is how suitable python is for the form factor that is the handheld calculator.

Agreed 100% that the best way to come up with a programmed solution for a problem is to code on something that makes code entry far more practical, like a desktop or laptop computer, and then to transfer the result to the handheld device. I do just that with the HP Prime. But remember that these calculators are aimed at the education market. You try bringing a computer into an exam so you can write something in python and transfer it to your calculator. Not going to happen, so you're stuck with the calculator and nothing else, making python awkward to use.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - grsbanks - 07-11-2020 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)