What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
07-11-2020, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2020 04:24 PM by Anders.)
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
Yeah so the reason why Python is preferable with math and science libraries is of course because of it's richness and massive active community of developers extending the libraries.

In the year of 2020, I do not sit and program complex solutions on a calculator if I am interested in solution productivity (both in terms of development and usage). Doing so would be nuts!

In 2020, you of course do the development on a PC including debugging. You then transfer it to the calculator to solve problems in small form factor. The calculator becomes a problem solution machine - ideally! This can be extremely powerful. Wolfram is great but the form factor is not there (yet).

20-40 years ago we had restrictions on memory and CPU speed that forced us to use more efficient programming models and languages (counting bytes and cpu cycles), but today those restrictions are gone. Further, fast forward a few more years and those restrictions will be even like gone, gone. like irrelevant.

We need to move forward not backwards. Backwards to the "good old days" of stack based languages (they are called 2nd generation programming languages for a reason) feel like a hobby for retired engineers or some form of calculator archeology with extremely small market potential for HP - not professional solution productive in 2020+.

I thought this thread was about the future not the past.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - Anders - 07-11-2020 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)