What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-07-2020, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2020 06:47 PM by ramon_ea1gth.)
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
I agree with some posts written in this thread: the current G2 hardware is great. I want a calculator to perform my work with a minimum of tools and avoid distractions. For more demanding tasks or when I am ready with my ideas, I go to the computer: more powerful and… with Internet. Higher graphical capabilities can be purely cosmetic and lead to more power consumption: I don’t expect that from a calculator.

About the current G2 hardware, there are some minor issues to me:
  • The angle of view of the screen (yes: the screen polarisers are upside-down).
  • The orange lettering combined with the white keys: not the best contrast. Maybe something brown?
But for sure, I really prefer that efforts are driven at polishing details of the current software setup. After some days analysing my new HP-Prime, and comparing it with my HP 50g, these are the usability features I miss:
- A more agile keyboard/touch screen operation:
  • As written in a previous post, I miss some kind of [LastMENU] and [LastCMD] softkeys to reuse the last operations at one touch (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1817-page-6.html).
  • Some more edition options while editing a program on the calculator, e.g.: double touch to select a word in the text, triple touch to select a line.
- Custom softkey menus:
  • Currently there is a DRAWMENU command that can be combined with the coordinates given by the MOUSE command. I would like an easier procedure to display the custom menu while working at Home or CAS, as it was implemented in previous models, e.g., {{“MENUITEM1”, user_programA} { “MENUITEM2”, variableB} "StringtoOutput"}.
As said, when I use the calculator, I don’t expect to have a computer next to me most of the time (for documents I use an e-reader). I have to say that the more I check the machine with the HP Prime manuals but also with the GIAC/XCAS specific manuals, the more I see that the software capabilities are awesome.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - ramon_ea1gth - 04-07-2020 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)