newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
11-21-2023, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2023 03:38 PM by n3mmr.)
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
(11-21-2023 04:12 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-17-2023 02:56 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  To get BACK to newRPL, I just tried again, and I get reasonably repeatable results by doing the following:

With the calc on in the stock OS, press and hold ON and then press and hold Symb. The screen will go black. When the screen goes black, press and hold ESC and release the other two keys. The timing of the pressing of the ESC key is the tricky part.

You will eventually get to a screen that says you are about to erase something. Just press the SYMB key under the "CONT" text at the bottom of the screen, and you are back in newRPL.

The pattern is that every reboot or reset, holding ESC wil switch to the "other" OS, from whatever you were using right before the reset.
The exception to the rule is paperclip reset or dead battery will always go back to HP OS, to switch to newRPL you'll need to do the ESC hold again.

It isn't hard really:
On+Symbol will do a reset in Prime OS, and with the other hand hold ESC for a second or two then let go. Timing isn't that critical but when the screen goes black go and press Esc. You'll get newRPL wipeout screen.
To get back is something very familiar, but remember ESC is the old On, so ESC+A+F and you'll get the option to do a reset. Do that and once the screen goes black you need to press and hold ESC.

Is there any documentatio on how to map wiki instructions for the 50g to the Prime G1?
Like how to do RS+M for menus?

Maybe some config file or source file on github?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487] - n3mmr - 11-21-2023 02:56 PM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)