newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-11-2023, 02:28 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
(07-10-2023 01:45 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  
(07-10-2023 01:41 PM)n3mmr Wrote:  http://hpgcc3.org/downloads/newrpl-android-prime.apk

From the first post of this here thread!
Then I realise that I don't know if your tablet is 64-bit-only... So maybe you weren't commenting on my question.

The curse of really long threads in a single-subject format...

Yeah that one works fine too. I don't think my tablet falls into the 64-bit only category. I was commenting more because of the distortion (stretch) of the graphic horizontally. The prime-style link I just tried actually seems less distorted.

I think this is mainly because android tablets don't always translate apps for the bigger screen size very well.

I'm glad to hear the 64 bit build worked fine!

A few clarifications I should've done from the start (my apologies for the confusion):
a) I only updated UNOFFICIAL versions from the first post in this thread. Official build remains at 1487 (from sourceforge).
b) I did not update the prime-style app because it's not in a buildable state right now, I added touch support to the actual firmware and the app needs the simulated touch support to build, which it hasn't been implemented.

Regarding the display chopping the right bits, I've seen it happen only with a Samsung Edge phone, which had a "virtual" size on the screen that included the curved part and fooled the Qt library into resizing the screen too big. I don't know why it would do the same on the Pixel7, though.
I can't do much other than leaving a margin, but you'll have a margin on the left side, wasting some space.

I also tested on my tablet and yes, the aspect ratio of a tablet is not ideal for the calculator. I guess I could limit the stretch ratio and leave a margin too. I'll see if I can find a few minutes this weekend to get that done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487] - Claudio L. - 07-11-2023 02:28 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)