HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
05-27-2020, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2020 07:03 PM by Han.)
RE: HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
(05-21-2020 02:16 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
Quote:solver handles more than 10 equations
solver handles under-determined and over-determined systems

Hello Han
Thanks for your informative description above.

Concerning "solver handles more than 10 equations". Obviously you do not mean that the Solver app handles more than 10 equations at a time, since the solver has a range of E1, E2 .... to E0. You are referring to when the Solver app is used within a program like a Library which I can understand by creating several categories. However in the EE_Library I encountered a situation where the program would not accept E0 as valid. I could only enter 9 equations per section or categories. Not being profficient in programing I assume that I am perhaps missing some knowledge regarding that situation

Thank Han

Bernard

No, what I meant was that the app I wrote uses its own solving engine (Newton-Raphson method with backtracking line search), and that solve engine can handle more than 10 equations. The way it was programmed was to use "pages" of equations. The built-in Solver interface only allows up to 10 equations at a time (E0 through E9). But by organizing the equations into "pages" of 10 equations at a time, it is possible to use that interface to allow more than 10 equations. Once all equations are entered, it is passed to the solver engine (not the built-in one, but one I implemented).

In summary, the built-in Solver's "Sym View" interface is only used to display/enter/edit equations. Then a custom solver engine is used to actually do the solving. EDIT: My point was that you do not need to re-invent the wheel (program your own equation library and solver), as there are existing ones others have created that seem to address your needs. On the other hand, if you are doing so in order to learn programming, then my apologies for having misunderstood your intent.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library" - Han - 05-27-2020 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)