Battery options for 82143A printer
02-11-2020, 01:25 PM
RE: Battery options for 82143A printer
(02-11-2020 06:41 AM)mfleming Wrote:  If you give it a try with subCs be sure to mark where everything goes. Easy to reassemble in reverse order and get the wrong polarity at the contacts!

~Mark

Oh yes, I quadruple-checked the polarity of the terminals, and put a small label inside the battery compartment indicating + and -! I will similarly label the inside of the battery pack shell.

This morning I quickly spliced some alligator clips onto a 4xAA battery box so I could clip it to the battery terminals and at least test the printer with an outboard battery pack. The printer seemed to work just fine, but I noticed that the Battery light would come on with any activity. I figure this means one of three things:

1. The batteries I stuck in were a bit low/worn (they're Rayovac Hybrid low-self-discharge, and I topped them up a couple months ago, but they're a few years old)
2. The rather light-gauge 5" of wire from the battery box to the terminals was causing some voltage drop under load (likely)
3. The Battery light simply doubles as an "activity" light on this model (doubt it, but you never know)

I do like how it's significantly quieter than the 82240 wireless printers, though! It's just a shame it can't be plugged into a DM41X. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery options for 82143A printer - Dave Britten - 02-11-2020 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)