Hello. My name's Dave, and I'm a Calcoholic.
01-14-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Hello. My name's Dave, and I'm a Calcoholic.
It's an interesting behavior.
Why we need so many things (calculators and accessories, manuals, etc)?

Talking for myself: I have two childrens (12 and 14 year old)
I have: two 15C; two 42s; one 41CX
Why? I hope they will study some engeneering course and will need good calculators. Will start with 15C and them go to 42S.
The CX I use it in my engeneering course, nowadays.

Recently I acquired one 41CV and fixed it. May be they will pass through it from 15C to 42S. But was really with intention to fix an sell it and make some money.
Also got one HP-67, as it has a card reader inside and I was always curious about it. It is beating me, but I hope I will win this fight.

Of course I don't have so much money to spend with calculators and accessories, or I could be in the same way: mountains of calculators and related itens.
I really like to see other people to get access to working old calculators and give them the chance to know this part of history. I feel very well when I can do this.

I'm not criticizing no one, as Sylvain has already helped me when I need some special code and he used part of his big collection to get it. But I really feel that I must watch my hobby very seriously contantly.

Cheers,
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello. My name's Dave, and I'm a Calcoholic. - Artur - Brasil - 01-14-2020 06:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)