The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
12-19-2019, 05:49 PM
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy
(12-19-2019 11:59 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  The 50g remains unequalled software wise but also has at least one hardware advantage on the prime: clear LCD screen. The Prime is blurry even when I clean all my fat fingerprints Wink

The Prime display itself is as normal and sharp as ever. The blurriness you see is attributed to HP's attempt to smoothen the font. In layman's terms, this is achieved by displaying the pixels located at the edges of the glyph in different colors so they appear to be smooth, not jagged. Given the low resolution of the screen this was not the best idea, especially for smaller fronts. So it's a matter of firmware implementation, not a display per se.

I heard rumors that the screen was mounted upside down (to lower the production cost), and it affected the viewing angle, but, honestly, even if it's true, I could not see any significant difference on my G2 whether I look at it normally, or upside down.

And the last thing: I have never used 50g (why, it's a subject for different thread, but I have my reasons), but I understand that 50g has a B/W LCD display of lower resolution. Prime has a higher resolution TFT display. In my opinion, this is not a fair comparison. You have to take many more factors under account (e.g., 3D plot--what would it look like on 50g in comparison to Prime?).

Darius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Prime is just an Expensive Toy - DrDarius - 12-19-2019 05:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)