If I were to buy an LED model...
11-16-2019, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2019 03:46 AM by Geoff Quickfall.)
RE: If I were to buy an LED model...
Personally,

The 67 over the 34C due to the memory card option. I have too many programs that I require for just the 34C with continuous memory.

Love the 34C but just not enough resident memory.

Now, if you are not into fully original restored then I suggest the 29C with Bernhard’s Panamatik low power module. I use this on the flight deck just for the WOW factor:

1) RTC clock with date and alarm, yes a piezo is installed!

2) count up or down timer,

3) get ready, alphanumeric ability in coding the programs instead of key codes within program.

4) fully mergeable 92 line programs allowing a program of many hundreds of lines. I have one program that calls automatically two other programs allowing for a seamless 297 line program.

5) IR printing

6) may have gps capability if you want!

Unabashed promotion here but apropos to the thread. My 29C was a dead unit from eBay in otherwise pristine shape. I know you can format any Woodstock into the 29C but I wanted the original keyboard.

Of course nothing beats inserting a card into the 67 and seeing the millennial sitting next to me with an open mouth ;-)

Now when it comes to research in April I am resurrecting my 41C (41CL) and HPIL. This will be the goto calc and controller in my lab when I start school again in April. I used it in 1984 (CX version) with HPIL and don’t feel like learning a new system,

Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I were to buy an LED model... - Geoff Quickfall - 11-16-2019 03:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)