Thread Closed 
Why are threads being locked for no reason?
11-08-2019, 10:46 PM
RE: Why are threads being locked for no reason?
Moderator note: What none of you see are the complaints that come from all sides when people begin objecting to viewpoints expressed in these types of threads. Many people cannot express themselves without emotion or ad hominem arguments.

When that happens the objections/reported posts begin to jump and they all come to those of us who are moderators.

That gets very tiring quickly, especially when it is the same group posting and objecting with great regularity.

Just because you do not think a member should be sanctioned does not mean others are not reporting the posts.

So what to do?

One member has suggested to me that we consider no discussions at all here that are not HP or calculator related. Seems a bit extreme, but ** might ** solve the situation.

I would hope we collectively can discuss anything without resorting to ad hominem insults. It really does not seem all of us can.

So please remember that as a member here you only see part of what happens. Moderators are fallible so please excuse me (or us) when we fail.

We also grow weary and will sometimes close a discussion to reduce the noise. Again, a judgment call, but one we sometimes make.

Search for a post I created a year or more ago on forum behavior. If we could all abide by those types of suggestions, we would all be better off IMO.

Gene
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are threads being locked for no reason? - Gene - 11-08-2019 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)