Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
09-11-2019, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2019 03:46 PM by Gene222.)
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
(09-11-2019 05:04 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  To my knowledge those programs have never surfaced so there's no records of them anywhere, is that correct? I see a great opportunity for SlideRule here ! ;-)

Somehow I seem to remember that the Time Module was developed to meet a NASA request, but from the description above the calculators didn't have it. Perhaps it was used in a subsequent mission then.

I found this article Flight-critical calculator which contained a link to Introduction to Orbital Flight Planning June 1981. This workbook was designed for students in the area of space flight planning, who after training may serve as flight planner aids at NASA. This workbook does not contain calculator programs (except for a HP67 Kepler program), but seems to be a training manual for students to calculate and write their own orbital flight programs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts - Gene222 - 09-11-2019 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)