What happened between 39gii and prime?
08-21-2019, 06:08 AM
RE: What happened between 39gii and prime?
(08-20-2019 11:50 PM)Gene222 Wrote:  Were those really "Casio 4-banger" calculators? I though "4-banger" calculators could only perform basic arithmetic calculations. I would have thought that new engineers would just use the calculators that they used in college.

The Fundamental's of Engineering exam only allows calculators like the Casio FX115. I hear that some lower division engineering classes only allow calculators that are allowed by the FE exam. These cheap $15 calculators have textbook entry, solver, ability to save an equation, and a lot of other functions, but no graphic capability. I also hear that some classes now teach how to solve some engineering problems using excel to mimic the real world.
As a matter of fact they are very basic scientific calculators with trigs, logs, and some basic stats.
They are used as four bangers.
In chemical process engineering calculations done manually are quite simple and mostly arithmetic.
Sometimes we use exp/ln and power elevation, but in this case Excel is mainly used.
More complex calculation are made by using process simulation software like Hysys or Pro/II
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened between 39gii and prime? - Marco Polo - 08-21-2019 06:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)