HP-71B & PILBox & Remote Terminal
06-19-2023, 02:50 AM
RE: HP-71B & PILBox & Remote Terminal
Thanks. So I assume this means I need a physical ROM to run on a real 75?

Is there a LEX version of the I/O ROM so I can load into memory?

If not, would it be feasible to create one from the source (for just KEYBOARD IS, say)?

(06-18-2023 03:15 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  
(11-26-2020 07:58 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The HELP LEX file (about 2/3 the way down the article) is the go-to tool to see which keywords are in a given LEX file, described in this helpful thread:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...read=76286

The HELP LEX file can be found in the OLDP SWAP/HPCC88 volume.

(06-17-2023 01:48 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Since posting that, I was told there is no KEYBOARD IS available for the HP-75 as the HP-IL support built-in does not provide the needed, apparently low-level, features to implement that. I am not 100% sure this is the case, but it is consistent with the 71B coming later and having the most powerful HP-IL implementation among the calculator models, and that no one has reported finding it.

But I would love to be wrong about this....

There is no known stand-alone KEYBOARD LEX for the HP-75, but the KEYBOARD IS statement is present in the I/O ROM.

As I was checking, I noticed that it's no more possible to browse Joe's OnLine Disk Project collection on hhuc.us/2014.
Individual files can be accessed for instance: HELPDOC75.txt
but not the root folder or any sub-folders: hhuc.us/2014/files/Speakers/08,09%20Joseph%20Horn/Online%20LIF%20Disk%20Project

The collection can still be found on Joe's site: https://holyjoe.net/HP71/Online-LIF-Disk-Project.zip
but it was very convenient to be able to browse it on-line.

J-F

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B & PILBox & Remote Terminal - dmh - 06-19-2023 02:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)