HP 50G for Maths (My experiences)
04-12-2019, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 05:17 PM by edryer.)
RE: HP 50G for Maths (My experiences)
It is genuinely a very useful tool because I find after spending time with it much becomes intuitive as the functions merge seamlessly with the RPN.

Also entering a 3X3 Matrix by simply [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] (and without shifting [] with a custom key) makes entry supremely fast (and Vectors trivial). That is something that allows me to enter a 3X3 (or greater) whilst other Calculators will have you fiddling around with all sorts of key presses.

The number of inbuilt Vector/Matrix operations seems way beyond what I'll ever reach but should say that it has everything I want somewhere as a function without exception.

What I would like though is the Matrix to be fed into a Cartesian plane and transform using the 2D basis vectors î and ĵ into new space, shown in the new space against the previous space (as a unit graph), if that makes sense... 2D would be fine, but 3D would be awesome )) Graphically showing the determinant in the squashed/stretched space also would be neat. I guess this is what differentiates a Calculator from a Computer, however, I wonder if the Prime could do this, show Vector/Matrix operations geometrically?

Note: Perhaps the 50G can do this... I need to read the manual fully.

HP-28S (1988 US model), DM41X (2020)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 50G for Maths (My experiences) - edryer - 04-11-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: HP 50G for Maths (My experiences) - edryer - 04-12-2019 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)