I'm tired of all the gripes...
05-30-2019, 01:30 AM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes...
Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but I'd like to understand something, bear with me as I try to make it not sound as if I'm being rude. So I've been writing a review (more like an essay at this point) about my HP Prime G2. I completely agree the HP Prime under normal school use is a fantastic machine and is completely unmatched in terms of specs. From what I've seen and experienced, the only thing that's being griped about (besides the LCD panel) is things on the software. Looking at the suggestions page it's clear that the people developing the OS and apps at HP aren't able to keep up with the long list of features many are requesting. I'm not saying that the developers are doing nothing, that much is clear. However, some suggestions such as an undo/redo feature have been around since the original Prime was released or a 3D parametric grapher which seems like it should already be a built-in feature for a calculator like this. I understand some of the requested features are difficult to implement but after all these years there's been nothing released to even sort-of satisfy these old requests and missing features.
This brings me to the developers. I saw Tim's post
(04-12-2019 01:30 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Am I allowed to gripe and moan and complain about the POS developers? Because seriously, they are some lazy bastards.
I'm not quite sure if he's joking or the devs really are that bad. If they are that bad, why does HP keep them? If they're not actually lazy, why are features taking so long to be developed? I guess my real question is: what's the HP Prime team like? Is it too small to be effective, unmotivated, working on behind-the-scenes things, or lazy? I find it hard to believe that the team is unmotivated or just lazy, at least the HP people posting here seem to be great people. This is why I'd like to understand what's going on with the team in general.

Hopefully this didn't sound like I'm bashing the whole HP team. Your responses will really help me finish my review. Thanks!

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm tired of all the gripes... - smp - 04-11-2019, 07:40 PM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - DGM - 04-11-2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - DrD - 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - math7 - 07-25-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - Aries - 04-13-2019, 09:18 AM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - dan_h - 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - jebem - 05-11-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - TheLastMillennial - 05-30-2019 01:30 AM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - Han - 05-30-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: I'm tired of all the gripes... - ji3m - 08-23-2019, 01:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)