HELP on compiling BASIC C Source Code
04-18-2023, 10:41 AM
RE: HELP on compiling BASIC C Source Code
You need to install the ARM Toolbox which includes a library that is used by HP GCC 2 programs.

The ARM Toolbox also includes a program to make your program standalone so it can be run on any 50G without requiring the toolbox install.

See here for installation details.

It works and I have run programs and made them standalone without a problem.

Good luck :-)

(04-16-2023 10:04 PM)dkostan Wrote:  Okay this thread is ancient but it seemed like you knew what you are talking about! So, if you have a moment I have a question that should be simple but for the life of me I cant get to work. I am using the 49g+/50g C compiler and have created a program that does compile without any issues as it uses all of the libraries and header files included with the HPGCC 2.0 Win install and the included Programmers Notepad 2 environment/IDE. I used the example make file and can create the .hp output binary. However how do I run this on the HP49g+ (or 50g)? I put it on the SD card, then I move it to the port:0 (internal ram) then try to select it from the soft menu from the library view it but I just end up getting the full program as a "string" displayed on the first line of the stack. Its like it does not know its a binary but I dont know how to tell it to execute as a binary. Thank you in advance for your insight here. Seems like this is a dead subject but this is of interest to me as are most of my HP collection.

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HELP on compiling BASIC C Source Code - dmh - 04-18-2023 10:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)