Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
12-12-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down
(12-12-2018 11:09 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Good morning,

two things:

1. I have plenty of non-bandwidth-limited webspace left in my package. If the author of the greendyk.nl site reads this forum and is interested, I would let him use as much of it as he requires to keep his resources online.
2. As good and complete as these online manuals are, I personally prefer them to be downloadable as a single file (.pdf or .epub) for offline reading on a portable device in a dedicated reader app. As it is now, online access and a web browser are required to access these documents.

Regards
Max

I made a similar offer (to re-host) directly to the author and he politely declined.

Regarding online vs. local PDF copy preference:

If I need to search a manual extensively, I find the PDF copies generally easier to use and also these are better if I need to print a portion.

But if I just want to read a chapter or section, I find these easier on the eyes, more clear and ultimately more satisfying.

These versions combine the beauty of the original HP manuals with the convenience of not having to locate and handle the original copy. I have all these original manuals, but they are carefully stored, and I prefer to handle them minimally to help preserve their condition.

Finally, while I am not a user or fan of Telecaster guitars, I am a fan of the Thunderbirds, and the coverage here is good for introduction to new fans or as a quick reference link when conversing with others.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad News - greendyk.nl Website Closing Down - rprosperi - 12-12-2018 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)