Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices?
04-28-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices?
(04-27-2014 05:44 PM)supernumero Wrote:  
(04-27-2014 01:26 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  The Casio fx-9860g series handles complex matrices (I just tested it out). Although these are graphics calculators I'm pretty sure that the functions and most of the programing functions are identical on the Casio fx-5800p.

I have an fx-5800P. Sadly, complex number entry is disabled in the matrix editor.

I appreciate the replies. It is clear that few calculators give complex numbers the "full citizen" treatment, and none of them are non-graphing.

Le plus court chemin entre deux vérités dans le domaine réel passe par le domaine complexe.--Jacques Hadamard

The latest CASIO FD10 Pro also supports complex matrices since it has a similar OS of the 9860 series. And it has a similar large screen. And it is advertised a programmable calculator which has graph function.

So what is a graphic calculator? In theory, a programmable calculator having a LCD screen can be programmed to draw functions, such as 42S and 5800p. Here the border between graphic and non-graphic calculators becomes ambiguous. Now consider those exams require "calculators without memory function". Even the cheap scientific calculator has several variables to store numerical answers. And an adding machine can also has the "M+" function.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices? - Waon Shinyoe - 04-28-2014 03:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)