(48GX) SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
08-13-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
Hello James, hello all,

thank you for the hint:-)

Yes, the topic seemed to have floated away from the first page too fast, so I didn't see it.

Replying to your latest post first:
"Nothing is said about the other libraries, which implies they can be saved in any port, such as a 4MB card in slot 2."
Most of the libs should work from any of the available ports, but since access to covered ports is relatively slow, some of the speed gain of those SpeedUI libs stored in covered ports will be lost.

"Understanding that SpeedUI is both Modular and Newer, Meta Kernel nevertheless appears to retain 2 key advantages: (1) it all fits on a 128k merged card in slot 1, and (2) one of the slowest and most painful features of the HP48 is the Equation Writer, which Meta Kernel replaces by SpeedUI does not."
(1) SpeedUI is very modular, and the core libraries are available in "full" and "lite" versions. It's possible to squeeze a SpeedUI core into an HP 48G with 32K RAM. Try this with MK;-)
(2) SpeedUI supports the standalone version of RainEQ, so if RainEQ is installed, it will be used instead of the built-in EquationWriter.

Please note that SpeedUI focusses slightly different than MK. With SpeedUI, you'll have the option to replace all user interface stuff by faster versions, one, some, or all. This includes (but is not limited to) input forms and Choose boxes, which are used widely throughout the whole HP 48 UI. Afaik MK doesn't offer faster and system compliant input forms or Choose boxes.

I don't know if MK and SpeedUI can be installed at the same time.

As for SpeedUI library numbers: They shouldn't change in the near future.
However, maybe I should add the library numbers to the library info area in MoreInfo.pdf .

Target platform?
Currently SpeedUI needs an HP 48G/GX/G+ to run.

A (reduced) S/SX version is in the pipe, but since the weather was so nice lately (and still is) , much of my free time goes by riding around with my fastest GX 48:-)
[Image: tdm_sml1.jpg]

-- Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-) - Raymond Del Tondo - 08-13-2016 11:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)