newRPL for Android - early release for testers
10-10-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: newRPL for Android - early release for testers
I believe I resolved the issue.
After some reading about "device independent pixels", I was able to get things straight.
On one side the minimum sizes for the keyboard and screen images, which were OK for a PC (around 400 pixels), were not OK for Android because even though it has much higher resolutions, the whole system converts to virtual pixels, of which we have a lot less than on a PC screen.
Also, the emulated screen scaling factor has to be an integer number to avoid glitches (otherwise some simulated pixels would be bigger than others).
In the end, I had to undo all the treachery to calculate real sizes in pixels, compute an integer scale, then redo the conversion to get a virtual scale factor (not necessarily an integer) that would produce the desired effect of 1 simulated pixel = N physical pixels. What a mess.

I updated the APK. Notice that you will have to first manually uninstall newRPL, then install from the new APK, otherwise it will say "not installed" because the version in the APK is exactly the same as before. I'll figure those things out eventually and we'll get regular releases that you can run as an update.
For now, please test and report.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL for Android - early release for testers - Claudio L. - 10-10-2018 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)