newRPL for Android - early release for testers
10-10-2018, 08:30 PM
RE: newRPL for Android - early release for testers
First, I apologize for not being specific: this APK requires Android 5.0 minimum. All people reporting errors are using android 4.x.

I'm overwhelmed by the completely different results that most of you are getting.
The code is basically a re-compiled version of newRPL Desktop, while I did some changes to better resize screen and keyboard, the code is identical for all devices.
The result is:
* On a PC it stretches fine
* On my Android 7.1 tablet, keyboard stretches fine, both in landscape and portrait position. However, the menu bar does not appear (hence I made the menu appear by touching the top of the simulated screen.
* On my Android 8.0 phone (which I hadn't tested before, I just did), I can confirm the keyboard thinks the screen is wider, and also when I rotate, the keyboard stretches properly in width but not in height.
* From what I read in posts above, on Android 6.0 it's even worse, with only half the screen visible.

This is going to be much harder than I thought (isn't the whole point of Android that applications run the same on all devices?).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL for Android - early release for testers - Claudio L. - 10-10-2018 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)