days-between-dates Solver equation for 17b
10-08-2018, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018 06:47 AM by brickviking.)
RE: days-between-dates Solver equation for 17b
(10-07-2018 01:35 PM)Albert Chan Wrote:  Some interesting facts about the calendar ...

(1) Why Julius calendar had leap year every third year ?
(2) Why August "stole" a day from February ?
(3) After New Year's day, the year might not change ...

https://stevemorse.org/juliancalendar/julian.htm

1. To the best of my knowledge, the Julian calendar system ended up with leap years every four years (thank Augustus for that), regardless of if the century could be divided by four or not. This is what caused the gradual drift (an extra three leap days per four centuries doesn't sound like a lot) of Easter, compared with when the nearest full moon was; the liturgical calendar is lunar-based, so a discrepancy like this was eventually seen to in 1582 and countries eventually converted over.
  2. No idea, I don't know how that was handled. I'm a bit hazy on the finer details of the Julian calendar.
  3. Given that the year actually started in March (not January like currently), this was not really considered an issue. They simply incremented the year in March (I believe).

(Post 303)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: days-between-dates Solver equation for 17b - brickviking - 10-08-2018 06:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)