These exact clones of vintage HP calcs are on my Android phone...
09-27-2018, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2018 03:47 PM by ijabbott.)
RE: These exact clones of vintage HP calcs are on my Android phone...
(09-27-2018 01:14 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  
(09-26-2018 09:53 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  I also need to attempt some ROM dumps sometime for both my HP-42S and my HP-27S, but I don't have a HP 48 to use to receive the ROM dumps. I do have a HP 50g though, and I wonder if that can be used to receive ROM dumps? I also have an Arduino based "Red Eye" to USB serial converter which I may be able to use to receive the ROM dumps straight from the HP-42S or HP-27S to the PC after a bit of experimentation.

I don't know about the arduino red eye base, although I think if the red eye is in the same specifications of the pioneers, it is very possible,

The serial port can be opened in Christoph's HP82240B Printer Simulator and it can receive text and graphics from a HP-42S, so hopefully it can receive a ROM dump in some form or other (e.g. as a hex dump or whatever). I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT - if not possible with Christoph's Printer Simulator, he makes the source available, so I would hopefully be able to knock something up with it (or maybe just dump the serial port input using Linux and try and work with that).

Quote: but the dump using the 50g unfortunately is not possible due the incompatibility between the calculators.

Look at this thread for further information.:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-346...s+Rom+dump

Thanks for the link.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: These exact clones of vintage HP calcs are on my Android phone... - ijabbott - 09-27-2018 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)