Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
Sure, and you probably already have one. Smart phones can support several different apps, two of many which are excellent are the Hp 48G app that is Free for the base app and $5 for the full blown app that can retain programs. It is an excellent app!! There is another for the Ti-89 that isn't free, and you need a Ti-89 ROM (and ownership of a Ti-89).

Oooooohh!!! But you WANT buttons!!!, Well, then I guess I would have to suggest the Casio 9860G SLIM. It is an excellent, truly pocket graphing calculator about the size of a pioneer calculator, certainly smaller than the Hp 35s.

Its drawbacks are that it is a Casio with a Casio interface. Not a high end math system like the Hp 50G or Ti-89. But I still favor it over either in that it is not an obtrusive ostentatious monster that screams out, "Calculator Nerd!!!". It compares more to the Ti-84 in capability but with the Casio (and now recent Hp Prime) app screen. No, it doesn't support RPN either and it is no longer available new, but since it was only discontinued a few years ago, should still be easily found.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc? - Ron Ross - 04-23-2014 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)