Code formatting messed up...
09-12-2018, 09:35 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up...
(09-12-2018 08:46 PM)Dieter Wrote:  [quote='Jonathan Busby' pid='103819' dateline='1536784045']
Well, I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a Linux machine and in this line

Code:
I = I + α ( Correct I to point after embedded object where α is the length of the object )

The alphas are displayed in bold for some reason. Here is a screenshot : [Image: Screenshot_from_2018-09-12_15-17-00.png]

Quote:Hm... here the same line has a "normal" alpha character. Both on an old Firefox and on v61.
Maybe that's related to the particular font on your system?
But I'm just guessing.

I don't know what's causing it either :/

Quote:
(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  Thanks for the tip but it doesn't help in my case and I don't see a blank line from the browser I'm using.

Do the following two code blocks look the same on your browser?

Code:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Code:
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
[/code]

That's the weird thing : on the page for the article I wrote the same characters in the code blocks appear misaligned, but, here, I can see a difference as the first code block has a blank line...Strange...

Quote:The first block starts with a blank line, the second one doesn't.
At least that's what I see here.

That's what I see as well, here at least....

Quote:
(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I know you probably don't mean it, but I don't like being patronized and I've been using the web for decades and I'm familiar with forums -- I used to post regularly on the old HP Museum forums, which are now archived...

Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful. The forum software said this was your 6th post so I assumed you were not familiar with some of its ...peculiarities.

I also apologize for being impulsive. I'm an Aspie and it's hard enough for me to read non-verbal affect or someone's face, so, you can imagine when I'm just limited to text and emoticons Smile

Quote:Regarding the bullet point problem: I added a solution to my post while you wrote your reply. I can't say if the mentioned method of inserting a hard blank will work on Linux, but I think you will. ;-)

Dieter

For some reason even that doesn't work. :/

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-12-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Jonathan Busby - 09-12-2018 09:35 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-13-2018, 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)