Code formatting messed up...
09-12-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up...
(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  Well, I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a Linux machine and in this line

Code:
I = I + α ( Correct I to point after embedded object where α is the length of the object )

The alphas are displayed in bold for some reason. Here is a screenshot : [Image: Screenshot_from_2018-09-12_15-17-00.png]

Hm... here the same line has a "normal" alpha character. Both on an old Firefox and on v61.
Maybe that's related to the particular font on your system?
But I'm just guessing.

(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  Yes, I know this, and I use always use Gedit or XeD, but, that still didn't fix the problem.

That's strange. Maybe someone else can say more about this.

(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  
Quote:By the way, you should start your code right after the intial [ code ] tag, and not in the next line. Otherwise the code block will start with a blank line, as shown in your post.

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't help in my case and I don't see a blank line from the browser I'm using.

Do the following two code blocks look the same on your browser?

Code:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Code:
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

The first block starts with a blank line, the second one doesn't.
At least that's what I see here.

(09-12-2018 08:27 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I know you probably don't mean it, but I don't like being patronized and I've been using the web for decades and I'm familiar with forums -- I used to post regularly on the old HP Museum forums, which are now archived...

Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful. The forum software said this was your 6th post so I assumed you were not familiar with some of its ...peculiarities.

Regarding the bullet point problem: I added a solution to my post while you wrote your reply. I can't say if the mentioned method of inserting a hard blank will work on Linux, but I think you will. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-12-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-12-2018 08:46 PM
RE: Code formatting messed up... - Dieter - 09-13-2018, 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)