Replacement rubber feet for 50g
08-29-2021, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2021 05:00 PM by ramon_ea1gth.)
RE: Replacement rubber feet for 50g
I just repaired the rubber feet of my HP 50g. The original glue was degraded, leaking around the feet. So before losing them, I removed the four feet and cleaned feet and sockets with isopropyl alcohol (to avoid damaging the plastic).
By chance, I had some glue to repair neoprene suits: it is like contact cement. It is pretty stable and elastic on neoprene, so I felt it was a good option for an elastic union with the rubber feet.
The result is very satisfactory after applying the glue: now let's see what happens with time.

[Edit:]
No luck with the contact-cement-style glues (standard or for neoprene). The glue doesn't stick to the rubber foot: it is easy to peel-off from the rubber's surface. So I had to go for the Super Glue (cyanoacrilate). It's more aggressive with plastics, but apparently it works. A very tiny amount must be applied to the foot socket, to avoid leakages around the edges of the socket when introducing and pressing the foot rubber. I used a toothpick to spread the tiny amount of liquid glue. The result is very clean: again, let's see the durability.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replacement rubber feet for 50g - ramon_ea1gth - 08-29-2021 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)